As I sit here thinking about the start of a new year, I’d like to share a few of my takeaways from 2013.
1) Dinner dates are important, even if they aren’t in the budget:
2) Wearing real pajamas is way better than wearing old, oversized t-shirts. Thanks to New Girl for that inspiration.
3) Sometimes cookies do help:
4) Spend more time being a Lady (or Lad) of Leisure, look for investors to turn it into a career if you can.
5) Eat more paninis, they may be the easiest source of happiness there is:
5) Don’t be afraid to share your favorite things with people, I’m so glad mine isn’t rocking chairs (watch “Christmas in Connecticut” if you’re confused by this statement). It is so nice to know people are reading my blog and thinking of me when they pass the Reese’s Peanut Butter Trees:
6) Make sure to spend more time outside, there’s nothing like the sun on your face and wind in your hair:
8) A new outfit can make you feel like a new woman, and never underestimate the power of a pretty dress.
9) Ask your server for their food recommendations. It’s the easiest way to try new things and have a relaxing night out. If you’re in Minneapolis, have Alli plan your entire meal at Fuji Ya. You won’t be disappointed.
10) No matter how bad you feel, it could always be worse. Try not to dwell on your own disappointments or sadness and instead try to bring joy to others.