I’ve said it before, I love a simple recipe that’s full of flavor. This recipe has been on my list for a while and one bite made it a new favorite. Now that the ingredients are in my pantry, I expect Sriracha Soy Sauce Over Egg Noodles to be one of my go-to dinners:
Made in less than 30 minutes, Vegetarian Times is right, this simple sauce is delicious and would work great for dumplings, stir-fry or tofu. The recipe makes far more than you need for one batch of noodles, so you’ll have sauce on hand for the whole week. Here is Vegetarian Time’s recipe:
• ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
• 3 Tbs. toasted sesame oil
• 2 Tbs. maple syrup
• 2 Tbs. sriracha chile-garlic sauce
• 2 Tbs. rice vinegar
• 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
• 8 oz. thin egg noodles
• 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
• 6 green onions, finely chopped
• 3 Tbs. black sesame seeds (I used regular sesame seeds)
1. To make Sauce: whisk together all ingredients in small bowl.
2. To make Noodles: Cook egg noodles according to package directions, and drain. Toss egg noodles with grated carrot, green onions, and 5 Tbs. Sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serves 4.