This recipe is great for those times when the cupboards are bare. Using the most basic ingredients, Crustless Broccoli-Cheddar Quiches from Martha Stewart’s Everyday Food collection is a great recipe for breakfast, lunch or even a light dinner. Very easily halved or doubled, it’s also a great recipe for experimenting! Try substituting different cheeses and vegetables, I used frozen kale after discovering that I was out of broccoli and it was delicious!
I’ve made this recipe for simple brunch and dinner parties, it’s always a hit and couldn’t make things any easier. Consider serving it with some crusty bread and a side salad or fruit, and the meal is complete.
Here’s the recipe:
– Butter, for ramekins
– Coarse salt
– 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli florets
– 6 large eggs
– 1/2 cup half-and-half
– Ground pepper
– 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
– 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter four 8-ounce ramekins (or a 9-inch pie dish); set aside. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add broccoli; cook 1 minute. Drain well; transfer to a cutting board, and blot dry with paper towels. Chop coarsely.
2) In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and nutmeg. Stir in broccoli and cheese.
3) Place ramekins on a rimmed baking sheet. Ladle broccoli mixture into ramekins, dividing evenly. Bake until golden brown, 35 to 40 minutes.
PREP: 10 MINS TOTAL / TIME: 50 MINS / SERVINGS:4